Hello, I’m Michael Hayes, and this is my first foray into the world of blogging. I’m a keen badminton player – I’ve been playing badminton regularly since my early teens, and at the moment I’m playing 2-3 times a week, mainly at a London Badminton Club at Finsbury Sports Centre.
I was inspired to develop this blog by the Thirty Day Challenge – a thirty day guide to setting up a website from scratch. It’s an excellent set of resources and this site would never have happened without it. See my about this site page to find out more.
Ask a question or tell me about yourself…
I'd love to hear your questions, feedback and suggestions - please use the form below to contact me.
I'd be interested in anything related to badminton or this site, including:
- Do you prefer singles or doubles? Why?
- What would you like to read about in this blog?
- What’s the best badminton match you have seen?
- Which badminton player is your favourite? What sets them apart from the others?
- How do you play differently in a match? What kind of preparations do you make? Which warm-up exercises do you find most effective?
- What shots or techniques would you like advice for?
- Do you have any videos of training, drills or matches to share?
- Do you have advice on running a club efficiently? How do you strike the right
balance between friendliness and competitiveness? Which shuttlecocks does your club use?
- What do you look for in a badminton racket? Which make/model is your favourite? Why? What about strings? And shoes?
- What tactics do you find effective in level doubles? And in mixed?
- Do you have any interesting badminton facts to share? Such as fitness advice, reaction time statistics or health data.
- Anything else specific to our sport!
Just fill in the form below and let me know!