There are some great badminton websites out there which are full of useful information, here are a few I particularly like:
- Badminton Connect: Probably the best collection of badminton coaching videos online. Although some are sub-titled they well worth the effort – many are videso of badminton clinics intercut with shots from professional matches to illustrate particular techniques. Only discovered this site recently as it doesn’t appear to rank well on Google.
- Badminton Central: The biggest and best badminton forum – a great place for both discussion and news.
- Badminton Bible: Possibly the best online badminton resource in the world – top quality content, easy to navigate, with all the fundamentals, and beyond, explained clearly and in detail by Mike Hopley. Now has videos available to paid subscribers.
- Paul Stewart’s Badminton Coach UK site: Paul is an experienced coach and his site contains techniques and tips you won’t find anywhere else. Also has detailed racket reviews and a forum.
- Badminton Life: This relatively new site is run by an American in partnership with Peter Rasmussen, 1997 World Champion – one of the great Danish singles players. Superb coaching videos and articles give you a real insight into what makes Danish badminton so successful.
- Badminton Network: Very impressive Singaporean badminton club’s website has some great content including coaching videos, a badminton skill rating test, a badminton horoscope (“Is this your good day to play badminton?”), and a forum.
Badminton Live: Requires paid membership, allows you to watch Badminton live on your PC. They also cover other major Badminton events.
If you’ve any opinions on my choices, or you know of any good badminton websites I should add, then please post a comment.